In 1998, a small group of intercessors began meeting daily for prayer at an apartment on Jordan Street in Cleveland, Tennessee. By the fall of 2000, Prayer Center was officially established by a smaill group of foundational members. During the first year, the Lord built a core group of committed, servant-hearted, like-minded believers. After one year of daily prayer meetings, the Lord opened a door for us to meet at the Chalet for Sunday Services. In 2002, we started having city-wide unity services at Living Word Church a few nights a week. These unity services were held for almost 2 years. In 2004, we moved to a small building down town and in 2008, we moved to a larger building next to Bradley Square Mall. It was there we changed our name to reflect more accurately our vision – “Mount Zion Prayer Center”. Here we continue to host daily prayer meetings.
- Bread of Life Ministry – Small Group Bible Study 7PM Every Wednesday at MZPC East Location
- Tabernacle Of David – Intercessory prayer ministry. 7PM every night except Wednesday at Mount Zion East.
- BE Ministry – Young Adults Ministry. Every Saturday at 7:30PM at the Diversity Office, Mayfield Annex, Lee University
- Daughters of Zion Women’s Ministry – for Adult Females
- Men of Valor Ministry – for Adult Males
- Family Enrichment Ministry- Serving All Families and Family Types
- Zion’s Kids Children’s Ministry & MZPC Little Lambs – for Toddlers & Children Up to 10 Years, Every Sunday morning after worship
- Media Ministry – Sound and Screen Projection, Etc.
- Praise & Worship – Singers and Musicians Including Our Choir That Ushers in The Presence of God
- Evangelism Ministry – Outreach to our community. Meets at various times and locations.
Vision and Mission
Our Vision: There will be a revival that will usher in a mighty move of God and there will be a great harvest of souls. This will be brought about through sustained unceasing prayer.
Our Mission: To be a house of prayer, a catalyst to turning the individual and the church back to prayer, a training ground for spiritual soldiers and to act as a launching field for confrontational world evangelism. To seek, establish and further God’s kingdom, unify the Body of Christ, and bring about God’s Latter Rain revival through continuous prayer, fasting, worship, and total dependence on God’s word. To reach people with the Good News of God’s kingdom, disciple them through the word of God, encourage and equip them to reach and serve others through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus Christ.
// Matthew 28:18-20
Pastors Michael and Keziah Obi
Senior Pastor and Head of Women's Ministry
Pastor Emmanuel and Bola Ohikhueme
Pastors Van and Yolanda Ross
Care Pastor and Community Liaison Leader
Pastor Michael Obi
Pastor Van Ross
Media and Church Clerk
Praise and Worship Ministry
Community Liaison Leader
Pastor Emmanuel Ohikhueme
Pastor Grace Folayan
Ushers and Greeters Ministry
Wola & Busola Ojo
Family Enrichment Ministry
Pastor Rachel Odunaike
Intercessory Prayer Ministry Leader
Agape Care Ministry Leader
Minister Olayinka Oredugba